Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

bkey

fanatic

#61 [url]

Apr 20 17 1:59 PM

***snowflake***

Sooo petty.

President Trump accused the New York Times of lying by showing two pictures of the New England Patriots with him and his predecessor.
resistancereport.com

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bkey

fanatic

#62 [url]

Apr 20 17 2:57 PM

Gisele Bündchen took to Twitter to promote a planned anti-Trump protest at the exact same time that her husband’s New England Patriots were meeting with President Trump at the White House.

Supermodel and philanthropist Gisele Bündchen tweeted a link to an April protest against President Trump and his climate policies at the same time Wednesday that…
thehill.com

Quote    Reply   

jenniel

fanatic

#63 [url]

Apr 20 17 3:07 PM

the bull59 wrote:

crankypant wrote:
jryan80033 wrote:jenniel wrote:jryan80033 wrote:jenniel wrote:jenniel wrote:Rob Gronkowski makes cameo at White House press briefinghttp://www.foxnews.com/person/d/cody-derespina.html
  •  
  •  
  •  
NOW PLAYINGGronk interrupts press briefing; Spicer: 'That was cool'http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/19/rob-gronkowski-makes-cameo-at-white-house-press-briefing.html#

The 34, including harrymerr23's hero, knew better.

I am putting this fake news from the NYT to bed one more time along with an apology from the moron who wrote it.http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/new-england-patriots-new-york-times-white-house-photo-tweet/

Quote    Reply   

jenniel

fanatic

#64 [url]

Apr 20 17 3:12 PM

jenniel wrote:

the bull59 wrote:

crankypant wrote:
jryan80033 wrote:jenniel wrote:jryan80033 wrote:jenniel wrote:jenniel wrote:Rob Gronkowski makes cameo at White House press briefinghttp://www.foxnews.com/person/d/cody-derespina.html
  •  
  •  
  •  
NOW PLAYINGGronk interrupts press briefing; Spicer: 'That was cool'http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/19/rob-gronkowski-makes-cameo-at-white-house-press-briefing.html#

The 34, including harrymerr23's hero, knew better.

I am putting this fake news from the NYT to bed one more time along with an apology from the moron who wrote it.http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/new-england-patriots-new-york-times-white-house-photo-tweet/

Jason Stallman, the sports editor for the New York Times, apologized for the Tweet in a statement to Yahoo! Sports on Thursday:View image on Twitterimage
  FollowimageColin Campbell  @colincampbellNYT Sports editor gave me a pretty effusive statement on that Trump/Patriots-crowd-size-comparison tweet:9:29 AM - 20 Apr 2017

Quote    Reply   

bkey

fanatic

#66 [url]

Apr 20 17 3:15 PM

tincansalt wrote:
bkey wrote:
Interesting isn't it.

https://www.facebook.com/nytimes/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

What's the problem?  It's the biglyists Superbowl crowd ever.
You can easily see from the two pictures Trump's 2017 team has a lot more people, A LOT MORE people , than that stinking Obama's silly little 2015 picture. ​Open your eyes,  What's wrong with you libs?
smiley: roll

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jenniel

fanatic

#67 [url]

Apr 20 17 3:16 PM

tincansalt wrote:

bkey wrote:
Interesting isn't it.

https://www.facebook.com/nytimes/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

What's the problem?  It's the biglyists Superbowl crowd ever.
You can easily see from the two pictures Trump's 2017 team has a lot more people, A LOT MORE people , than that stinking Obama's silly little 2015 picture. ​Open your eyes,  What's wrong with you libs?

Same amount of people; staff on lawn.  In Obama's photo staff was in photo.  BTW Brady didn't go in 2015 either.

Quote    Reply   

jenniel

fanatic

#68 [url]

Apr 20 17 3:21 PM

Networks sack Trump, pass on Super Bowl-level support from Patriots owner, coachimageBy =inheritDan Gainor Published April 20, 2017  FoxNews.com=inheritFacebook =inheritTwitter =inheritlivefyre =inheritEmail =inheritPrint imagePresident Donald Trump is presented with a New England Patriots jersey by Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, left, and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, center, during a ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, where the president honored the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots for their Super Bowl LI victory. Also pictured is New England Patriots president Jonathan Kraft, second from right. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)  (Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)It’s no secret that New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and head coach Bill Belichick are friends of President Donald Trump. Unless you rely on the broadcast network evening news.Thirty-four Patriots players joined their coach and team owner in the visit to the White House to honor them on their victory. That visit was overshadowed by the apparent suicide of former teammate Aaron Hernandez, in prison for the murder of Odin Lloyd. All three networks used Hernandez’s death to downgrade the press event into B-roll. Then they skipped the positive things Kraft had to say about Trump or a key, pro-Trump anecdote the president mentioned involving Belichick.The rest of the media did everything they could to prevent Trump from scoring points, just like normal. Politico described the visit as, “The Alt-Right’s Favorite Team Visits the White House.” Several outlets hyped the number of players who had skipped, like Time and lefty Think Progress.Some sites promoted an anti-Trump Patriots videoGQ claimed Trump “Seems Pretty Hurt” by quarterback Tom Brady’s skipping the event. Even though Brady had to be broken up over the death of a former member of his offense. ESPN’s Bob Ley said he was “stunned” the Patriots for having anyone go in light of Hernandez’s death.The Times Sports staff (Who reads the Times for sports?) tweeted out comparison photos from the Patriots’ 2015 visit claiming to show a major disparity in player and staff attendance.The Patriots immediately debunked that by posting a different photo and then adding a comment saying: “These photos lack context. Facts: In 2015, over 40 football staff were on the stairs. In 2017, they were seated on the South Lawn.” Perhaps, this is why people shouldn’t read the Times for sports.Thursday morning the president himself tweeted about the Times: 

FollowimageDonald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrumpFailing @nytimes, which has been calling me wrong for two years, just got caught in a big lie concerning New England Patriots visit to W.H.9:48 AM - 20 Apr 2017

The Washington Post was much more honest. As the paper put it, “Robert Kraft lauds President Trump during Tom Brady-less White House visit.” When was the last time you saw anyone “laud”-ing Trump on network news?Kraft went on to compare the Patriots’ epic, come-from-behind win in Super Bowl 51 to Trump’s presidential victory. The Post ran with the words, even though the networks did not:“This year’s championship was achieved after falling behind 25 points … that deficit had only been overcome seven times,” he continued. “In that same [manner], a very good friend of mine for over 25 years … launched a campaign for the president … facing odds almost as long as we faced. He persevered to become the 45th president of the United States.”When Trump introduced Belichick, he told a story of how the coach had sent him a nice letter of support. But when Trump asked if it would be OK to read that letter to “a stadium full of people in a very, very big and important state,” Belichick asked for the letter back and vowed to send another one. Here’s Trump, telling the story the networks didn’t:“Now, immediately to me, that means he’s going to tone it down because what he said was so nice. And you know what he did? He toned it way up. It was much better. It was much better. He made that the greatest letter, and I did very well in that state. Thank you, coach. That was very good.”CBS and NBC did make sure to include a cute clip from Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski who interrupted the Sean Spicer presser. But any boost Trump might have gotten among Patriots faithful was denied him by the broadcast networks. [i]Dan Gainor is the Media Research Center's Vice President for Business and Culture. He writes frequently about media for Fox News Opinion. He can also be contacted on Facebook and Twitter as dangain[/i]

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Apr 20 17 9:01 PM

Screw the picture and where people were standing and/or sitting. The FACT is that 34 New England Patriots players attended the White House function with Trump. (Actually only 32 because 2 of the players who attended have been traded to other teams but they were members of the Patriots on the day the Super Bowl was played so should be counted) 50 New England Patriots players attended the White House function with President Obama in 2015. So yes quite a few more Patriots, almost 50% more, went in 2015 than 2017.

Quote    Reply   

jenniel

fanatic

#70 [url]

Apr 20 17 10:19 PM

carew278 wrote:
Screw the picture and where people were standing and/or sitting. The FACT is that 34 New England Patriots players attended the White House function with Trump. (Actually only 32 because 2 of the players who attended have been traded to other teams but they were members of the Patriots on the day the Super Bowl was played so should be counted) 50 New England Patriots players attended the White House function with President Obama in 2015. So yes quite a few more Patriots, almost 50% more, went in 2015 than 2017.

[left] not according to the Patriots

Quote    Reply   

bkey

fanatic

#71 [url]

Apr 21 17 6:27 AM

carew278 wrote:

~~~

Yes and some won't get over that.  Obama is a much more liked person.

Quote    Reply   

elcymoo

fanatic

#72 [url]

Apr 21 17 7:57 AM

GLENDALE, AZ - FEBRUARY 01:   Alan Branch #97 of the New England Patriots stands on the sideline in the fourth quarter during Super Bowl XLIX at University of Phoenix Stadium on February 1, 2015 in Glendale, Arizona.  (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

It’s refreshing.

An NFL star football player turned down what might have been a once in a lifetime invitation to the White House on Wednesday in order to stand up for his daughters, his son and for what’s right. New England Patriots’ Alan Branch told CNN:

“It’s nothing about the politics; it’s about the person and what he said.” 

Branch was so repulsed by what Trump said in the Access Hollywood tapes  released last October, that he had no desire to even meet this president. Though Trump and his misogynist supporters deemed the tape of overtly abusive and disturbing discourse as “locker room” talk, Branch said during his 10 years of playing in the NFL and also playing college football, he never heard locker room talk so “aggressive and disrespectful.”

“What President Trump said on the bus really struck a nerve with me. I’m a father of three daughters and I have a son as well. I can’t see myself having any type of interest to go see a person who would say those things. I have a baby boy, not even a year old yet. I don’t want him to grow up thinking saying stuff like that is all right at any point in his life.”

"It's disgusting the way that he talks about women and I just can't deal with it and that's why I have no interest in going and shaking his hand. I've gotta go back home and look my daughters in the eye, and I don't want them to view me in a different light just because I did that.

You can read/view the Branch’s interview here.

Who would believe we’d be living in a country where we’d have a man in the Oval Office that is so disgusting, so despicable and so repugnant that athletes would opt out of the honor of going to the White House just to avoid shaking his hand. Yet here we are. Welcome to Donald Trump’s “great” America.

Thank you to Alan Branch, and cheers to all who unabashedly stand up against misogyny, sexual harassment and sexual abuse of any kind — at any point in time. 

If you or someone you know is, or has ever been, a victim of rape/sexual assault, you are not alone and it’s never too late to seek help. You can find free support via theNational Sexual Assault Hotline: 800.656.HOPE (4673) and/or by visiting the Rape, Abuse Incest National Network/online.RAINN.org. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911. You do not have to live with guilt and shame. You are not alone. And if you can hold on to one thing, remember this — it was not your fault.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/20/1654926/-Patriots-star-rejects-Trump-s-invite-I-couldn-t-shake-his-hand-look-my-daughters-in-the-eye

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help