Remove this ad

ANN ROMNEY NEVER FACED AN "ECONOMIC PROBLEM" IN HER LIFE

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Apr 12 12 1:55 PM

Tags : :

I love the way the Repubs went hysterical when it was pointed out that Ann Romney never worked a day in her life... Of course they cleverly tried to claim this was a personal attack on stay at home Moms.  But what this was really about was taking on the woman who Mittens has been holding out as his economic adviser on women's "economic" issues and the "economic" War being waged on them by Democrats... 

Ann Romney never faced an “economic” problem in her life....   Did she ever "have" to work at a job to feed her kids, or pay for Day Care, or make car payments and house payments, educational expenses, their clothes and medical care, deal with a deadbeat dad, etc. etc....  in other words take care of her kids AND have to work at a job outside the home?

The Romney’s want you to believe they are just like you and/or can feel your "economic" pain…    What a laugh….  They don't have a clue....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 12 12 1:58 PM

I love the way the Repubs went hysterical when it was pointed out that Ann Romney never worked a day in her life... Of course they cleverly tried to claim this was a personal attack on stay at home Moms.  But what this was really about was taking on the woman who Mittens has been holding out as his economic adviser on women's "economic" issues and the "economic" War being waged on them by Democrats... 

Ann Romney never faced an “economic” problem in her life....   Did she ever "have" to work at a job to feed her kids, or pay for Day Care, or make car payments and house payments. educational expenses, their clothes and medical care, deal with a deadbeat dad, etc. etc....  in other words take care of her kids AND have to work at a job outside the home?

The Romney’s want you to believe they are just like you and/or can feel your "economic" pain…    What a laugh….  They don't have a clue....

-reasonmustwin

I think that Republicans take a risk by hitting back too hard on this thing.  At some point people are going to start wondering how many people the Romneys had working for them when Ann was a "stay at home mom."  How many nannies, drivers, cooks, assistants, etc.?

Quote    Reply   

ron4342

fanatic

#2 [url]

Apr 12 12 2:03 PM

I think that Republicans take a risk by hitting back too hard on this thing. At some point people are going to start wondering how many people the Romneys had working for them when Ann was a "stay at home mom." How many nannies, drivers, cooks, assistants, etc.?

Ron sez:
DK, you can be absolutely sure the Obama campaign is gathering the information even as we post.

I never left the republican party. It left me when it decided to worship lies, ignorance, stupidity and greed.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 12 12 2:25 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into a War of the Wives.  I hated it when the right attacked Hillary when she was 1st lady, I hated it when the left attacked Laura Bush, and I hate it when the right attacks Michelle.  Unless the wife is nuts or offensive, why can't they be off limits? Both Mrs. O and Mrs. R seem like FABULOUS mothers and wives and I'm sure they are BOTH elegant, smart, classy, and kind women. 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 12 12 2:41 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into a War of the Wives.  I hated it when the right attacked Hillary when she was 1st lady, I hated it when the left attacked Laura Bush, and I hate it when the right attacks Michelle.  Unless the wife is nuts or offensive, why can't they be off limits? Both Mrs. O and Mrs. R seem like FABULOUS mothers and wives and I'm sure they are BOTH elegant, smart, classy, and kind women. 

-vikk121

Once they go out and start campaigning actively for their husbands they are fair game....  That doesn't mean the political attacks have to be mean and nasty.  As I noted Mitt is clearly using his wife to claim they can relate to the average American woman...  It's a laughable farce and calling them on it is fair game.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 12 12 2:44 PM

Remember when GH Bush looked at a conveyor/scanner in a supermarket in amazement?  We look to children of priviledge to answer the problems faced by average people?  The Romneys don't know the first thing about the realities faced by most.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 12 12 2:50 PM

Once they go out and start campaigning actively for their husbands they are fair game....  That doesn't mean the political attacks have to be mean and nasty.  As I noted Mitt is clearly using his wife to claim they can relate to the average American woman...  It's a laughable farce and calling them on it is fair game.

-reasonmustwin

And yet if they don't actively campaign for their spouses, that also makes them fair game.  Unless they wish to be involved in policy making, they should be off limits, period.

Quote    Reply   

tengers

fanatic

#7 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:07 PM

I don't believe the Romneys were particularly wealthy in their youth as students. I believe they were married in college with a young kid or kids. Mormons are sort of like Koreans, they have a family safety net, but I suspect they were eating a lot of peanut butter too.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:14 PM

And yet if they don't actively campaign for their spouses, that also makes them fair game.  Unless they wish to be involved in policy making, they should be off limits, period.

-vikk121

" But what this was really about was taking on the woman who Mittens has been holding out as his economic adviser on women's "economic" issues and the "economic" War being waged on them by Democrats...  "

If he/they continue with this claim, she will be (and should be) fair game.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:15 PM

-vikk121

who attacked Laura Bush?????????? 

Willard Romney has said as late as yesterday, that his wife is his conduit to how when feel out there. Her statements as a "spokesperson" then become fair game.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:17 PM

I don't believe the Romneys were particularly wealthy in their youth as students. I believe they were married in college with a young kid or kids. Mormons are sort of like Koreans, they have a family safety net, but I suspect they were eating a lot of peanut butter too.

-tengers

The Romney's weren't wealthy? George Romney might have a difference of opinion who do you think footed the bill for all of Willard's Harvard years and his numerous degrees while there? Did you ever research where Willard stayed when he was in France trying to convert people? 

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:21 PM

-vikk121

campaigning is one thing..when Willard makes Ann the "expert" on women's issues and she speaks about them publicly and on the record, she can't expect everybody to politely applaud like automatons, the type that Republicons seem to like. Her views are exposed and are public, therefore, what she says is open to scrutiny. There's a reason that candidates discuss running with their families before entering a race, their views become public domain. Underage children should be off limits, adult children and wives that take political stances should be ready to defend their views or shut up.

Quote    Reply   

zeek

fanatic

#13 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:28 PM

Remember when GH Bush looked at a conveyor/scanner in a supermarket in amazement?  We look to children of priviledge to answer the problems faced by average people?  The Romneys don't know the first thing about the realities faced by most.

-eriksgarden

The question is:  does Romney have the imagination to be able to empathize with "average" people, and the problems they face every day?

The Kennedys were also children of privilege; yet they had an instinctive understanding of the problems faced by the poor, and by those who must work for a living. They didn't go around preaching sermons about hard work being a panacea for life's problems----they knew that many WERE working as hard as they could, but still coming up against brick walls, due to poverty and lack of opportunity. 

The problem with Mitt Romney is that it's impossible to tell WHAT he perceives, because all of his actions seem to be aimed toward one thing only:  getting into the White House.  And I don't see him taking much notice of "average" people around him, except as a tool to help him achieve that goal.  

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:31 PM

who attacked Laura Bush?????????? 

Willard Romney has said as late as yesterday, that his wife is his conduit to how when feel out there. Her statements as a "spokesperson" then become fair game.

-stuhunter

Stu, were you not on the aol messageboards during the Bush years???? I think you were.  Did you conveniently forget how the left on those boards (many of whom are now here) calling her a "Stepford Wife" and bringing up the DUI incident?

Quote    Reply   

zeek

fanatic

#15 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:32 PM

Stu, were you not on the aol messageboards during the Bush years???? I think you were.  Did you conveniently forget how the left on those boards (many of whom are now here) calling her a "Stepford Wife" and bringing up the DUI incident?

-vikk121

What DUI incident? 

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:35 PM

What DUI incident? 

-zeek

You remember on teh old boards, zeek, when the lefties would bring up the Mrs. Bush was involved in a vehicular homicide b/c she had been drinking? I'm SURE you, of ALL people, would remember that rumor "they" floated on the board as fact!

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:36 PM

I was on the AOL message boards.  The only time I ever saw mention of Laura Bush's accident was in response to attacks on Ted Kennedy.  As I recall, he was dying at the time.  Still, some thought it was appropriate to attack him on something he was acquitted for.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:44 PM

I was on the AOL message boards.  The only time I ever saw mention of Laura Bush's accident was in response to attacks on Ted Kennedy.  As I recall, he was dying at the time.  Still, some thought it was appropriate to attack him on something he was acquitted for.

-eriksgarden

Well, Erik, at least you admit that you remember,which is more than I can say for a certain nitwit.  While the attacks on Kennedy were perhaps not fair, two wrongs don't make a right.   ALTHOUGH, Kennedy intentionally let that girl drown to death.  Nonetheless, the "attacks" on both were not right.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:47 PM

campaigning is one thing..when Willard makes Ann the "expert" on women's issues and she speaks about them publicly and on the record, she can't expect everybody to politely applaud like automatons, the type that Republicons seem to like. Her views are exposed and are public, therefore, what she says is open to scrutiny. There's a reason that candidates discuss running with their families before entering a race, their views become public domain. Underage children should be off limits, adult children and wives that take political stances should be ready to defend their views or shut up.

-stuhunter

Hell the right can't even cut Michele Obama some slack on running a campaign suggesting people eat healthy for their own good...  Typical Repub hypocritical double standards at work...  And I don't remember Laura Bush being under relentless attack... 

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 12 12 3:55 PM

Well, Erik, at least you admit that you remember,which is more than I can say for a certain nitwit.  While the attacks on Kennedy were perhaps not fair, two wrongs don't make a right.   ALTHOUGH, Kennedy intentionally let that girl drown to death.  Nonetheless, the "attacks" on both were not right.

-vikk121

Intentional?  Now the question begs asking, did Laura intentionally run over her ex-boyfriend?  See, this is exactly how it happened on the boards then, too.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help